Brought to you by the
Sustainable Seas Trust
This September, we are celebrating the beauty and wonder of our oceans through a photo contest. Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you are an ocean lover, photographer, or passionate environmentalist. There is no fee to take part in this contest.
ABOUT THE COMPETITON
Our oceans are our lifeblood. Covering more than 70 percent of our planet, they produce oxygen, regulate the earth’s climate, provide food and provide a livelihood for millions. They are also home to most of the life on earth, from microscopic algae to the blue whale. White spray, rolling waves, a cool embrace, the oceans are our global treasure.
The theme for the photo contest is Celebrating our Oceans and Ocean Life. Contestants can upload photos of the ocean, including underwater photos, ocean life and animals etc.
The contest starts on the 9th September 2019 and closes on the 1st November 2019.
Each contestant may only submit one photo
Terms and Conditions
- The photo will remain the property of the photographer.
- By submitting a photo, you are giving The Sustainable Seas Trust permission to use and share the photo for publicity purposes, whether in print or digital. The photographer’s name and surname will be included in the photo credit.
- By submitting a photo, you are giving The Sustainable Seas Trust permission to have your photo featured in the 2020 calendar.
- Contestants have to submit original work, and not someone else’s, or work downloaded from the internet.
- Photo’s should not have the photographer’s name on it. The photographer will be credited in the calendar.
- The Raggy Charters Gift Prize is based in Port Elizabeth and is valid for 6 months.