Researchers with GIS and modelling capabilities
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
The Sustainable Seas Trust (SST) is inviting applications from researchers with ideally a Master’s degree or alternatively an Honours degree, and appropriate experience in GIS, mapping and modelling of environmental and demographic data. A publication record and at least two years working experience would strengthen the application.
The researcher would work with the remote sensing team, the monitoring team and other scientists to develop baselines upon which to build strategies for management of plastic pollution, and to develop predictive models.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have a Master’s degree (or an Honours degree and appropriate post qualification experience) in GIS, mapping and modelling.
- A publication record and, ideally, at least two years of work experience.
- An ability to work in a team.
- An interest in marine conservation and management of plastic pollution.
Please include the following when sending in your application:
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of qualifications (e.g. a degree/diploma/certificate).
- Evidence of employment demonstrating that the applicant has appropriate experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating successes and skills.
- Contact details of at least three references.