Port Elizabeth, South Africa
The events organiser will work in Port Elizabeth with the SST team.
The ideal applicant should be an experienced event organiser with a track record of success; s/he should have:
- Skills in marketing of events.
- Success in fundraising for events.
- Ability to organise digital management of events including online registration, submission of abstracts, delegate communications and tracking (the applicant does not personally need to be able to do the programming, but must be able to ensure that IT consultants are properly briefed and deliver the quality needed).
- Experience in arranging national and international travel and accommodation for delegates.
- Competence in budgeting and financial management of events.
- Skills in managing the events, themselves as well as the preparation and rounding off.
- Ability to prepare quality narrative and financial reports for each event.
- Skills in writing are essential as the event organiser will need to communicate with many stakeholders, including sponsors and donors.
- Further, the applicant should be personable; a good public speaker with an ability to manage crowds (i.e. many delegates at a large function).
- Assume responsibility for arranging and running all events for each year from planning the annual calendar, budgeting, fundraising and marketing.
- Develop an events management team and work schedule for each team member.
- Develop and grow good working relations with all stakeholders involved in events and functions such as caterers, photographers and videographers, audio-visual personnel and others.
- Develop and grow effective databases of all stakeholders including delegates, partners, sponsors, donors, businesses and government personnel.
Please include the following when sending in your application:
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of qualifications (e.g. a degree/diploma/certificate).
- Evidence of employment demonstrating that the applicant has appropriate experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating successes and skills.
- Contact details of at least three references.